Monday, November 21, 2011

Fabrics Update

My love affair with fabric has been pretty well-documented on this blog, as well as my tendency to over-analyze every purchase for our house.  For example, it took me an entire year to pick the fabric for my dining room chairsA year.  However, lately I've been finding the "perfect" fabrics for my to-do list and I'm excited to be moving out of the endlessly hunting phase.

First off, an update on the Robert Allen Tidal Bay purchase from Fabricguru.com.  I bought it on Monday and it arrived on Friday, which I thought was a pretty nice turnaround.  Here it is spread out on my bed - pardon the poor lighting as I forgot to take these pictures while the sun was still shining.

When I saw it in person, I told the boyfriend that I wanted to make love to it.  That's not a totally weird reaction, right?  Having not ordered a sample, I was apprehensive it would turn up and be hideous, but it's absolutely perfect.  Well, except for the flaw.

But that's why I scored it for the discount price of $5.95/yard.

The streak repeats about every 24 inches, but is luckily placed about 2/3 from the top of the fabric.  Which is perfect for what I want to use the fabric for.  Once I make the folds on the roman shade you won't see it at all.  They still have a few yards left at Fabricguru, but if you would rather not worry about the flaw, I also found a few colorways at the Online Fabric Store starting at $11.30/yard.

Besides being totally inappropriate with some fabric, this also happened at my house this weekend.

That's right - we put up the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving.  I'm still not sure how the boyfriend got me to go along since it is our tradition to put up the tree on November 26, but it has helped me get into the holiday mood.  I still haven't bought the first present, but I have started the decision-making process.

Anyway, check out our sad, naked windows.  Still curtainless after all these months.  But I've finally picked a fabric!  (I think.)

Kind of out there, I know.  In my head, it's looking like a perfect combination of glamour, rock, and global.  I'm hoping that the print is small enough and subtle enough that it reads as a print without drawing a lot of attention.  I plan on using black trim similar to this picture. 

Dwellers without Decorators
The colors look perfect online.  Of course, I can't find a swatch for less than $12 after shipping, so I'm going to bite the bullet and order a few yards before taking the plunge of buying all 24 yards.  Hopefully I'm still as sold once it gets here.

And lastly, remember the bolster pillows I scored a few weeks ago?  They're for my son's room and I'm 99% sold on this fabric:
Fabric.com
It also doesn't have a sample - so annoying.  However, I think I only need 2 yards, so it's not an investment to buy it sight unseen.  It's a close enough match to the blue of his bookshelves and a small enough print that it should work well with the large scale stripes on the bedding.

So, that's it.  Decisions made and hopefully I'll be putting them in my shopping carts soon.  How about you?  Have you finally made a choice on something for your home?  Surely someone else is indecisive as me?

No comments:

Post a Comment