Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gift Wrap Organization

I saw this genius idea for storing wrapping paper on Pinterest.

Source: Gall-Erry via Pinterest
I say genius because it's not only a practical solution, it's also a cheap one - and that combo is my favorite.

The last time I was at Ikea, I picked up a couple of Rationell Variera Plastic Bag Dispensers.  They're $1.99 each.

Are you ready for an incredibly exciting picture of my coat closet?



Let's pretend those orbs are really ghosts, and not just ordinary dust particles, can we?

The coat closet is instantly to the right when you walk in our front door.  I used to store the wrapping paper on an over-the-door bathroom organizer we had from our last house.  I envisioned it turning out like this:


Real Simple via Katie Brown Home Workshop
Trust me, it didn't look like that.  The wrapping paper tubes were generally too tall and always leaned out too far.  And I never corralled enough wrapping paper supplies together to fill in the rest of the organizer.


I like this solution much better.  It leaves room on the floor for storage and takes up very little closet real estate.  The extra tall tubes fit just as well as the regular sized tubes.  Plus, if someone was to visit my house and only look in my coat closet, they might think I'm the kind of girl who has my sh*t together.

No comments:

Post a Comment