I finished the leopard print chairs last night and couldn't wait to take pictures this morning, so please excuse the somewhat blurry pics.
It took me several days to finish the first one, working about an hour at night after work. I was terrified I was going to royally mess up, so I tried to go as slow and methodically as possible. The second one was much quicker. I couldn't figure out the tension on my sewing machine, so I ended up hand stitching the welting which took up the largest part of the project.
Originally, I didn't think the leopard would work at all. I was looking for a much more colorful print. However, I couldn't find anything, and since I already had the leopard, I decided to try it. After all, if it was awful I could always stop and keep fabric shopping. However, I don't think I could have found a better fabric. To me, it looks like how the chairs should have originally looked. I like it much better than the stripes.
Proof positive that leopard print is a neutral. It's also a very forgiving pattern for the inexperienced reupholsterer.
Now I'm on the lookout for a Docksta table on Craigslist to finish out this corner.