Monday, July 9, 2012

Bookshelves Behind the Bed

I'm thinking of doing this behind my bed. 


Mostly because I have a ridiculous amount of books that I cannot bring myself to clear out.  I have always loved the idea of having a home library.  Unfortunately, I'm running out of places to stick them, so I think having one massive set of shelves will easily replace the five smaller bookshelves scattered throughout the house.


Coco Pearl
 Plus I want to visually darken up the space behind the headboard.  I think some nicely filled shelves will add dimension and texture.

Currently, I'm reading the Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes.  I'm completely in love the the BBC series Sherlock, have you seen it?  It's a modern spin and has Benedict Cumberbatch (not even joking - that's his name) as the iconic detective.  It used to be on Instant Streaming from Netflix, but I haven't checked lately.


Anyway, I realized The Hound of the Baskervilles was the only Sherlock Holmes book I had read, and that was back in sixth grade.  So I picked up this massive tome from Half-Priced Books.


It's a ridiculous 1400+ pages long, so I haven't been toting it back and forth to the pool.  However, it does have pictures, so I think it still qualifies as "light" summer reading.

How about you - love some Sherlock Holmes, in any of his varieties?  Or just books in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment