Friday, October 21, 2011

To Do

It's taking a lot of adjustments to get used to my new working schedule.  Combining a long workday (eight hours spread over 10) with the commuting hassle of a one-car family means most days I go from 6 am to 11 pm without a break.  That's a lot different than the stay-at-home mom schedule I've been pampered with the last couple of years.  Unfortunately, that means all my projects have been regulated to the weekend and it's looking pretty busy.

This Weekend's To-Do List:

  • Work on poster bed (maybe finish if drying times don't slow it down too much)
  • Have a garage sale (we're partnering up with our neighbor, so hopefully it'll bring a crowd)
  • Make Atticus' Halloween costume (there's papier mache involved, so it also might not get completely finished because of drying times)
  • Reupholster dining room chairs (I got the fabric in yesterday and love it!  I'm going to do the seats before I pull the trigger on the red paint.)
  • Remove last seat from other dining room chairs (the ones with straw seats - would have already finished this one if I hadn't gotten such a wicked blister with the first two)
I'm also going to try and squeeze in a dinner with my new coworkers and at least one festival (either the YMCA Fall Festival or the Texas Book Festival).  Mostly I'd just like to catch up on some sleep and watch a movie with the boyfriend.  Oh, and laundry.  Lots and lots of laundry.

I hope you have a good one!  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment