Friday, July 15, 2011

House Beautiful's Instant Room by Harry Heissmann

I loved this "Instant Room" featured in this month's House Beautiful.  Mostly because it deals with the colors that I'm doing in my own living/dining room - red, peacock and mustard-y gold.



First off, red patent leather seat cushions.  I love the idea (and the wipeability).  I still haven't found a fabric for my dining set (almost a year later).  However, now that I spent so many hours working on it, I'm leaning towards selling it and doing something else.  Or I might just paint the chairs either brassy gold or red.  Because the table works and functions great, I just want more juxtaposition.  Indecision, my old friend...

I would love to recreate the polka-dot and fringe table on a side table in the living room.  I've been loving fringe lately and I have absolutely zero of it in my life.  Mostly because I used to associate it with ugly pillows and terrible DIY lampshades. 

I also especially love the Monaco fabric from Katherine Rally.



Gorgeous, right?  I want something very similar for the daybed in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment