Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chinoiserie Dresser

Sold the cabinet/table in less than 24 hours for $120, which basically doubled my money.  Not bad if you don't count the labor cost.  But then you also have to factor in the fact that I did it while staying home with my little man and for about 15 minutes-30 minutes a day.  So, although I'm hardly going to get rich, I think it was still worth it.

I went out and bought this cutie today at another Goodwill.  I used to hate Goodwill, but lately they've been very good to me.  Never hurts to check in once in a while.



It's a small dresser (more like a nightstand) made my Henry Link.  "Mandarin" is the style.  I instantly recognized it because my mom has three cabinets from the collection in her bedroom.  So, the good thing is that if no one wants to buy it from me off of Craigslist, I know my mom will want it because it matches her stuff.
Found this lacquered piece on 1stDibs and now I'm itching to paint it - but hopefully it'll sell just fine without me doing anything to it.  I'm kind of over painting for a while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment