Monday, January 16, 2012

Emerald Green Inspiration

I saw this desk posted Isabella & Max Rooms earlier this month and I simply couldn't get it out of my head.

It's from Veranda's House of Windsor - a concept house to put all others to shame.  I was quite possibly living under a rock last July when this place was making its rounds on all the blogs and in print.  Stuff like this happened and lots of other gorgeous, amazing, inspirational stuff.

Via OnlineFabricStore.net Blog

Anyway, I was at Lowes this weekend and stumbled upon this gallon of paint in the OOPS bin with my name written all over it.

Hard to tell from the flashy pic, but it's a wonderful shade of emerald green.  It was even a flat finish (which Honey & Fitz swears by for the best glossy paint jobs), so there was no way I could resist. 

Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect nightstands to give the Oz treatment for my bedroom.  Of course, I hit up my some of my favorite thrift stores this weekend.  No nightstands, but I did score a pair of faux bamboo mirrors for $30.

They're huge, solid wood and getting a glossy white makeover as we speak (the Jonathan Adler treatment, if you will).  They had me at hello - check out the brass corners! 

Unfortunately, they are not staying in my house (trust me, I tried), but hopefully they'll make a profit on Craigslist.  The boyfriend's birthday is coming up, as well as Chelsea's high school graduation (and I still need curtains!) - so I definitely need to step up the side business in the next couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are some great finds!!!!

    I'm not 100% convinced on the flat paint thing... tried that with our teal dresser and well yes it is shiny but the poly is uneven, like I said, so am not sure where we went wrong. If it works great for you, pls tell me your secret! :)

    ReplyDelete