Monday, January 30, 2012

Chrome Director's Chairs

My current love affair with all things brass is certainly not over, but in an effort to avoid '70s flashback-induced seizures when you walk in my house, I'm trying to add some other metals to the mix.  Like chrome.  Because chrome definitely has nothing to do with the '70s...  Wait a minute... Oh, never mind.

Via Living Livelier
Anyway, since seeing this picture I've been in love with the idea of some chrome director's chairs.  I actually adore everything about the entire vignette and even have a suitable place for a small "game table" in the living room.  However, it turns out these puppies, although not rare, are not likely to turn up for $5 on Craigslist anytime soon.  A girl can dream.

Catherine and Jarrett (of Bungalow Bungahigh) actually scored theirs for $5 at a Salvation Army.  That makes me a little nauseous and a lot jealous.  In that order.

Via Bungalow Bungahigh

It looks like the going rate is around $200-$300 a chair.  Etsy and Ebay have options. 

Poltrona Frau Helleu Chair via GQ
Unfortunately, except for this one that goes for $8000, I haven't found any options for a similar look with new chairs.  If you guys know of any, give me a heads up please!

No comments:

Post a Comment