Friday, March 11, 2011

Room Remake

I saved this picture as soon as I came across it on DecorPad.  Later I found it featured on House to Home
and decided to try and recreate it on the cheap.  I love how it manages to mix patterns and colors without at all seeming busy.  In fact, it feels very relaxed.



First we'll start with the wallpaper.  It's from Cole & Son, but I found a couple of close (and probably cheaper) versions.  I settled on this one from American Blinds, which has a great selection of affordable wallpapers.



Pattern Number 7562921 for $28.10 a single roll.

Pair some soft white curtains with this curtain rod set ($11.99-$17.99) and curtain rings ($2.99) from Ikea.


Then add a DIY roman shade made from this sheer diamond-patterned fabric from Fabric.com



Ikea also has the cheapest white canopy bed I could find ($299 for a Queen) - the Edland.



Topped with a simple canopy in this P. Kaufmann fabric, also from Fabric.com


I love this Dash and Albert rug from The Bella Cottage - only $207 for a 6x9' rug.
 
 
 
The bench at the end of the bed was a hard one to match.  In the end, you would probably be better searching Ebay and Craigslist.  But I did find a close match to the shape in a single seater on CSN.com.  So picture two side-by-side, sanded down and painted a distressed gray.  ($179.99 each)
 
 
 
The chrome chair was also impossible to match.  I like the idea of this Overstock find outfitted with a teal cushion.
 
 
 
Do you have a favorite room you'd like to redo on the cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment