Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rent the Runway: Wedding Edition

Have you heard of Rent the Runway?  Instead of buying a black-tie event dress you'll only wear once, you can go through them and rent a designer dress (or jewelry or bag).  Not only do they send you a backup size for FREE so you don't have to worry about the fit, but shipping is included and you don't even have to dry clean the dress before you send it back.

I stumbled across them looking for a prom dress for my stepdaughter and thought it was a great idea.  I haven't used them, so if you have and want to leave feedback here, it would be greatly appreciated.  Today they sent an e-mail out that confirmed for me that whoever runs this business is pretty smart:  rental bridesmaid dresses.

And they're not hideous.  Here are my faves (the prices are for a 4-8 day rental, depending on the dress):


Alberto Ferretti, $250

Badgley Mishka, $50


Badgley Mischka, $100
 

Christian Siriano (of Project Runway fame), $200



Nicole Miller, $100



Shoshanna, $50


I obviously gravitated toward a one-shouldered look (totally unplanned).  If you're interested in Rent the Runway, you can visit through the link above or this one, which is my "referral" link:  Rent the Runway  And please remember to leave a message if you've used them before - prom is coming up quick!




No comments:

Post a Comment