Each blogger needs to:
1. Post 11 random facts about themselves;
2. Answer the 11 questions set out by the person who gave you the award;
3. Choose 11 new bloggers to give the award to and link to them in your post;
4. Create 11 new questions for the newly awarded bloggers to answer;
5. Comment on each newly awarded bloggers blog to let them know about the award; and
6. You cannot tag back the person who awarded you the Liebster Award!
My Answers to Julia's Questions
1. Do you live in the same state that you were born in? If yes, do you live in the same town?
No, I am originally from Louisiana and now live in Texas.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to "be when you grew up?"
At various times: a ballerina, an author, a lawyer
3. Is your answer to question 2, your occupation now or ever?
No - especially the ballerina part. However, I still write sometimes and maybe one day...
4. What is your dream vacation?
My ultimate dream would be a true Grand Tour of Europe - how they used to do it centuries ago. Spend two or three years going from place to place, spending a couple of months in one place at a time. Soaking it all in.
5. What is your favorite charity?
St. Jude's in honor of my cousin, Savannah.
6. What kind of camera do you have?
A crappy one.
7. What is your hidden talent?
I'm stronger than I look.
8. What do you value most in your life?
9. Do you think painting over wood furniture is okay?
Obviously, but I think it should only be done when it will improve the piece of furniture - not just to fit into a certain style.
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. What is the significance of the name of your blog?
I go into more detail here (my very first post), but basically I think our homes are the visual manifestation of a family's love - so love in idleness. It's from Shakespeare and when we buy our forever home it will be the home's name (because I grew up reading Anne of Green Gables and think all homes should have poetic names). Meanwhile, it's just a blog.
Bloggers (with less than 200 followers) I'm Giving the Award To:
1. Heather @ Love Your Space
2. Meghan @ I'm Glad I Exist
3. Elyse @ Peonies and Brass
4. Jennifer @ Belladwella
5. Cindy @ The Victorian Journey
6. Donna @ Restore and Renew
7. Kim @ Design Thoughts
8. Erin @ Clementine and Olive
9. Meaghan @ Lovelee Honeybee
10. Rachel and Katie @ Pinteresting
11. Kristi @ Simple Pretty Things
My Questions for the Winners:
1. What is your favorite black and white movie?
2. Do you sing (loudly) while driving? Windows up or down? People in the car or not?
3. What was the most useless class you took in school?
4. What was your best thrift shop score?
5. Are there more animals in your house than people?
6. What is your least favorite chore?
7. When you go on vacation, would you rather drive or fly?
8. What is your TV guilty pleasure? (Mine is the Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures - love that show!)
9. What is your favorite thrifty savings tip?
10. Do you follow recipes when you cook, or just wing it?
11. Why do you like blogging?