Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Progress (?)

What have I been up to lately?  Oh, just trying to finish up a few projects here and there.  Like painting my driveway.

Yeah, that sucked.  And since I haven't visited Lowes or Home Depot to figure out how to safely clean up this mess, every time I pull into my driveway I am reminded that I am not (nor ever will be) a DIY-goddess.

This hurts even more. 

As I went to put the last coat on these mirrors, I knocked over the table holding one of the mirrors and an almost-entirely-full quart of paint.  Luckily, the mirror didn't shatter.  Just my heart.  Okay, maybe that's a little too melodramatic.  It definitely took the wind out of my sails, that's for sure.  And a project that was already taking too long to wrap up (thanks to 24-hour recoat waiting time and a lack of time on my part), is now on the backburner.

In other news, I went by Hobby Lobby recently to pick up some dowels for another soon-to-be finished project (my son's fake roman shade).  I ended up buying some too cute drawer pulls.

$1.50 each with 50% off sale
Total impulse, because I don't have a place for them.  I also bought these with the idea of making cute towel hangers for our bathroom. 

$2 each with 50% off sale
However, as most of you have already guessed, the shape isn't that great for hanging towels (unless you don't mind them ending up in a pile on the floor).  But instead of return them, I'm thinking of bringing all of the knobs to play in the kitchen.  The stripey ones can be for the cabinets and the large flower ones can hold up my apron, shopping bag, etc.  This means I have to go buy 14 more of the stripey ones, and paint the cabinets.  Hopefully such a gargantuan task will get me over the recent "driveway incident."

No comments:

Post a Comment