Monday, October 29, 2012

Docksta!

I finally bought a Docksta table for my living room corner!


I wanted a pedestal table to go with the director's chairs, and the Docksta is the cheapest option.  It's $199 at Ikea, but I waited four long months to score one off of Craigslist for only $50.

Unfortunately, it's about 15% too big.  If it was just 2 inches shorter and about 5 inches less in diameter, it would be perfect.  I worried that was going to be the case before I bought it, so I searched (in vain) for a similar table with slightly smaller proportions.  I'm a big fan of buying it once, and buying it right, but the corner looks SO much finished now, even with slightly too large table, and since I got a good deal on the Docksta, I can probably sell it later to offset the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment